The Rooted Collective came together in 2016 and has worked tirelessly to build affirming, healing spaces for the Black LGBTQ/SGL community.
The Rooted Collective is a liberatory gathering of Black LGBTQ people to define, dream, and expand on the ways in which we heal from oppression and practice joy and pleasure. We root our work in the knowledge that healing for all Black people is political resistance.
What We've Achieved
Since July 2016, the Rooted Collective has hosted healing events for the Black LGBTQ/SGL community in Baltimore.
- Sept 20, 2017- Every Time We Say Your Name It Is A Prayer: A reclamation of the site of former the Robert B Taney sculpture in Mt. Vernon with a ritual affirming Black Sexual Agency.
- April 27, 2017 - Community Repast to honor and support Baltimore's Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Community.
- February 25, 2017 - Becoming a Living Alter @ the BMA: A Poetry, Music and Art Celebration
- December 30, 2016 - Celebrating All of Our Colors - A Kwanzaa celebration for Black LGBTQ, same gender loving folks, and allies.
- July 28, 2016 - Black LGBTQ Liberation Salon for healing.